Welcome to Powerhouse! For many years, Manchester College has hosted a weekend conference for Church of the Brethren youth in the Midwest region. Following a brief hiatus, it's back, and we hope you can be a part of it.
This new "Powerhouse" weekend will seek to build on the recent Church of the Brethren National Youth Conference, with an experience centered in worship, Bible study, and fellowship. It is being planned by the College in cooperation with area youth leaders and districts.
If you were at NYC, we hope this weekend provides you a place to reconnect, grow, and take the next steps on your faith journey. If not, hopefully this will give you a taste of that conference and give you an experience of your own to power up your spiritual life.
Powerhouse 2010 features:
- Angie Lahman Yoder - A former high school teacher, Angie is currently a full-time mom who works part-time teaching about whole-life wellness. A licensed minister, she serves as Minister of Worship at Circle of Peace Church of the Brethren in Peoria, Ariz. She is a Manchester alumnus and was one of the worship speakers at NYC 2010.
- David Sollenberger - Dave, another Manchester alum, is best known as the main videographer for the Church of the Brethren, recording church life and activity across the US and around the world. He and his wife, Mary, now spend most of their time in North Manchester. Dave was also a worship speaker at NYC.
- Mutual Kumquat - This band, which formed at Manchester College, describes their sound as "good times revolution music." They recently recorded two new albums and have played all across the denomination, including at NYC 2010.
- DATES: Nov. 13-14, 2010
- LOCATION: Manchester College,
North Manchester, Ind.
- WHO: All youth in grades 9-12
- COST: $40 per person
- THEME: "Hidden Treasure"
- REGISTRATION: Due Nov. 1
e-mail Walt Wiltschek at firstname.lastname@example.org
or call 260-982-5243